Publisher Information: San Francisco: Jeremy Norman & Co., Inc., 1991.
2 vols., 4to. Deluxe edition of the first bibliographical catalogue to offer complete annotated descriptions, with full collations, paginations, and plate counts for the first editions of the great classics of science and medicine from the fifteenth to the twentieth centuries. More than six years in the writing, this catalogue provides the most authoritative descriptions of the 2,595 works collected by Haskell F. Norman over four decades. Special attention has been paid to bibliographical variants and states, to association and presentation copies, and to bindings. There are comprehensive indexes to authors, subjects, artists, binders and provenance. Hand-bound in full two-tone Nigerian goatskin, all edges gilt, in cloth drop-back box. Limitation page signed by the collector, catalogue authors, designer, and binder. Subscribers list. Limited to 30 sets.
Extra material documenting the history of the catalogue's creation and publication (1984-91) added only to the special edition, as follows:
1. 5-1/4 inch floppy disk containing cataloguer's introduction
2. Manuscript notes and collations
3. Typewritten descriptions
4. Word-processed descriptions
5. Early laser-printed page proofs
6. Later laser-printed page proofs
7. Linotronic pages
8. Original photograph
9. First design ideas
10. Pages from publisher's dummy
11. Final boards (prospectus)
12. The Haskell F. Norman Collection of Science & Medicine. ILAB exhibition catalogue, 1985
13. Sigmund Freud: An exhibition of original editions, autograph letters and portraits from the library of Haskell F. Norman. Stanford University Libraries exhibition catalogue, 1991Book Id: 15991